Dhan Dhan Guru De Pyarai Daughter of Sri Guru Gobind Sahib Ji Daughter of Mata Sahib Kaur Ji Fearless Warriors Courageous Mothers Determined Daughters They suffered great in-humane tortures Watch their children bleed to death Witnessed the brutal murder of their husbands Yet, they fought for freedom and faith Remembered Guru Ji in every breath And were an Inspiration to all Sikhs We are a Kaur Princess We are a Brave Lioness We are the Daughters of the Khalsa


I, not a woman, by his side,
I, a warrior, ready to die.

Tearing the air with victory cry,
To the battlefield, together we ride.


He astride horse of purest white.
Above us, Chittia Baz in fight.

Steel blades flashing sharp and bright,
We fell our enemies left and right.

Watching over him day and night,
I never let him far from sight.

To shield him from all pain and strife
Now and forever, I shall try.


His throne the earth, his crown the sky,
To his mission, I give my life.

Guru Gobind Singh, great King, on high,
Your humble servant, Mai Bhago, am I
Guru Gobind Singh, great King, on high,
Your Humble Servant, Mai Bhago, am I.

by FaujKaur @ Wednesday, November 22, 2006
comments: 2

Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:30 AM
Who wrote this poem? Can I pinch it?

 
By Blogger FaujKaur, at 10:10 AM
I'll email you the source. I believe it's from a magazine, but I'm not sure which one.

 

« Main page :: Post a Comment »