Dhan Dhan Guru De Pyarai Daughter of Sri Guru Gobind Sahib Ji Daughter of Mata Sahib Kaur Ji Fearless Warriors Courageous Mothers Determined Daughters They suffered great in-humane tortures Watch their children bleed to death Witnessed the brutal murder of their husbands Yet, they fought for freedom and faith Remembered Guru Ji in every breath And were an Inspiration to all Sikhs We are a Kaur Princess We are a Brave Lioness We are the Daughters of the Khalsa

INSPIRED BY A SWORD
WEARING GURSIKH SWORD




My sword is my companion my warrior and friend,
Not to be offensive but sworn to defend,
The infusion of steel runs through my veins,
Making me immune from sorrow and pain,

My sword is the protector of the needy and poor,
When oppression becomes a disease my sword is the cure,
My sword sings the song of selfless love,
It lives in harmony with law from above,

The flash of my Guru’s sword awakens the sleeping soul,
Without the sword I can never be whole,
The sword of the Guru is the giver of life,
Before the soul was barren now it is ripe,


I am the saint and the soldier that walks in peace,
I am the humble dust of your feet,
But don’t think my spirituality makes me weak,
The heavens will roar if my sword were to speak,


Death is my bride, fear is my friend,
My Guru’s path is the map heaven sent,
To Follow the path, surrender your whole,
The power of the Guru’s sword will give light to your soul.

by FaujKaur @ Tuesday, June 12, 2007
comments: 2

Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:52 AM
truly beautiful sentiments.

 
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:02 PM
Sat Nam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The expression and wholeness of the poem is perfect! Thank you for this. It's made my day.

God Bless. All Light to You.

 

« Main page :: Post a Comment »